Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
In this section you can quickly find out if we've already addressed your query.
We are always open to your inquires at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual / Spring Meetings
Q: Where can I find the events of the day?
Q: Where can I find the details of a specific event?
A: Detailed information for each event can be found in their respective event page. You can find the event, by using the Search Bar. Simply type the name of the event (or keyword) and click search. Check if your event is listed in the results and click it. These pages can also be accessed through the Meeting’s Calendar Page, or the Events’ Main Page (Analytical Corner, Seminars, Postcard Series and New Economy Talks).
Q: Are all the events listed on IMFConnect?
A: While most of the events are listed in the Meeting’s Calendar Page, some may not appear (i.e. private meetings). In addition, events are subject to changes (i.e. name, time, venue or even cancellation).
Q: Where can I find the videos and/or pictures of the event?
Q: Are the events live streamed?
A: We live stream the following events: Press Briefings, Seminars, and New Economy Talks. To learn if an event offers live streaming, go to the Event’s Page and look for the tab “Live Stream”.
Q: How long does it take to upload a video and/or photo of an event?
A: Uploading time varies depending on the event. Usually, it takes us 1 or 2 days to upload the pictures or videos of an event.
Q: Why I can’t find a video of an event?
A: It is possible that the video hasn’t being uploaded yet. In addition, take into consideration that we don’t upload videos to all the events.
Q: Where can I find the maps of the venues?
A: Maps can be found in the Guide for Participants, under the tab “Venues and Events”.
Q: Where can I find this room?
A: Event locations can be found in the Guide for Participants, under the tab “Venues and Events”.
A (Washington, D.C.): Event locations have the following format: Building – Floor – Room Number. For example, if the event location is “HQ1-1-713”, this means that the event is in Headquarters 1 Building, First Floor, room713. Some floors and rooms also have names. Here is a list of the most common:
- Meeting Rooms A&B: Headquarters 1, Third Floor, room 430 A&B.
- Cedar Hall: Headquarters 1, First Floor, room 660.
- Gallery: Headquarters 1, Red Floor, open space (700).
- HQ1 Atrium: Headquarters 1, First Floor, open space (700).
- Media Studio: Headquarters 1, Blue Floor, room 640.
- Board Room: Headquarters 1, Twelfth Floor, room 120A.
- Committee Room: Headquarters 1, Twelfth Floor, room 120B.
- Conference Hall 1&2: Headquarters 2, First Floor A, rooms 820 and 830.
- HQ2 Atrium: Headquarters 2, First Floor A, open space.
- The Concourse Floor (C) is located one floor below the First Floor.
- The Red Floor (R) is located two floors below the First Floor. If you need to take the elevator, only the NE and NW elevators have access to this floor.
- The Blue Floor (B) is located three floors below the First Floor. If you need to take the elevator, only the NE elevators have access to this floor.
Q: Where can I find the dates for the upcoming meetings?
A: Future Meetings dates can be found in the Future Meetings Dates page.
Q: Does subscription to IMF Connect guarantees access to the Annual Meetings?
A: Registering for the Annual Meetings and for the IMF Connect website are two different process. After registering for the Annual Meetings, you will be invited to register for the IMF Connect website if you don’t have an account. Then you will be validated and receive a confirmation letter that will allow to participate in the Annual Meeting. Registering only for the IMF Connect website, gives you access to the site but it’s not part of the Annual Meetings registration process and does provide access to the Annual Meetings.
Q: Why I can’t see myself in the Participants Directory?
A: In the registration form (Annual Meetings) there is a checkbox that you must have left checked that removes you from being part of the Participant Directory. If you would like to go back to the Participants Directory, a request must be done to the IMF Connect Team.